10 March 2009

The Daily Grind

Its been a good two/three months since I got back from my Australian trip. Where does the time go. I wasn't a happy person to leave the tropical, beach life of Sydney and fly back to snowy, cold and wintry South Dakota. But who really would.

Life has been pretty uneventful. As our economy continues to dive deeper in the recession hole, we are all seeing the effects. Our economy, depressing, problematicand over just a downer. I can't take it anymore, no wonder no one has any confidence in anything from the stock market to banks to the automative industry. What I don't understand is that the media keeps driving home the point. After weeks upon weeks of constant reminding of how bad it is, I think we are getting the point. We don't need finanical analyst, banking experts or any federal government official to tell us its not getting any better, we feel it, we experience everyday so why do we still have to keep pounding it to the ground, why do we still have to talk about it. If our markets rely on consumer confidence, no wonder no one is buying anything or investing or considering anything when it comes to their money. With the Media constantly covering every little deal, everyone is just exhausted. It has become part of the daily grind and some of us don't have much more to wear away.

As an unemployed, recent graduate, with little experience, my search for something to keep my financials afloat is dire. But I know I am not alone. So my search continues for anything from full time, part time, temp or internship. Really I am only looking for someone to really give me a chance...I just need to prove that I can make it in the professional industry. So if anyone out there is looking for a new, vibrant, enthusitic, young employee who wants to write, travel and take photos. I am your girl....

I can dream, right?? Instead of being the hard core, serious Journalist or adventureous travel writer, I am currently a temp. Calling people who don't really want to talk to me but I must stay positive and confident to at least have something for the next month. My daily grind will probably continue to erode my positivity in finding my career, but the next few months might prove to show many possiblities, hopefully, in the unlikely of places.

So while I don't have much to say today, with my Peace Corps application heading into the next steps and a pending pathera of resumes floating out in the overcrowded hiring market, I will continue to wait and hopefully, I will have much more to say next time. Jimmy Buffet once said, "Searching is half the fun. Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party." So, I keep searching...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to have you home in between adventures. It's a time of reconnecting and perhaps a time of rediscovery on another level.
Love,
M&D