- 50 percent of the population is under the age of 15.
- The current chief justice is Umu Hawa Tejan Jalloh, who is the first woman in Sierra Leonean history to hold the job, yeah for the SL ladies!!!
- SL is one of the top ten diamond producing countries in the world. Bedazzle….
- There are at least 16 government recognized ethnic groups.
- Climate is tropical with a rainy season from May to November then the dry reason from December to April. The Harmattan is the cool dry winds that blow in off the Sahara Desert
Only 5% of Sierra Leone’s original forest remains
- SL borders Liberia, Guinea and the Altantic, slightly smaller than South Carolina.
- Padi Kusheh-O, means “Friend Hello” in Krio, Kaboh-o is Welcome